- Small groups up to 8 persons
If you are a celiac, try to remember how many times have you really enjoyed the local cuisine while traveling? Traditional recipes, authentic specialties.
Homemade bread filled with sun dried tomatoes, olives and herbs, hand rolled pasta with traditional sauces… All that food your gluten friends tell you about when they come home from some new country…
Probably less than once.
Even worse, gluten pasta needed to be replaced with rice or potatoes. Or instead of trying that traditional delicious cake, you got, what… An apple? And instead of bread you needed to drag around your safe gluten free rice crackers. Well, we don`t mind them, that`s for sure, but for once, treat your taste buds with something really special. You deserve it.
Now finally, you have unique opportunity to taste all the delicacies of the local Istrian cuisine in gluten-free option, which is, let`s admit it, as important as historical and cultural aspects of your holiday.
Taste truffle pate or cheese, famous Istrian air dried prosciutto, variety of flavored olive oils or oysters, or simply find yourself touring the famous Istrian wineries.
- Motovun and famous Motovun truffle oak forests
- Lim Channel
- North West Wine Region of Istria
The One Day GF Gourmet Tour Includes:
- 2 tastings at 2 different locations of your choice (wine, olive oils, truffle, oysters, prosciutto). Bread used with tastings is homemade and gluten-free (not out of the ready-made packages).
- Traditional Istrian 3-course lunch with wine and dessert in a typical Istrian konoba (tavern). All gluten free: Istrian style pasta with traditional toppings (tris, 3 different kinds), bread and typical cakes (fritule and similar).
- Transportation by car or minivan (luxury car brand, BMW or Mercedes, available at request and at extra charge)
- English speaking guide
- Organization of the excursion
- the suggested duration is 8 hours; ideal time to make the best of the day.
- your pick-up time will be adjusted to you and your personal preferences.
• Personal expenses
Price is based on the desired route, location of the client`s accommodation facility and other elements of personal preferences, therefore, the costs are always calculated for each request separately..
For additional info and booking, please contact us.
Photo: Renco Kosinožić, courtesy of Croatian Tourist Board